Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Month of March...remembering Ireland (Part 1)

March is always such a gloomy month.  It might rain, sleet or snow here is Fort Wayne, Indiana so it always makes me feel kind of low.  To cheer myself up I went and looked back at my photos from a trip to Ireland several years ago.  Really is there a better month than March to go to Ireland?  Actually, it really was a great time to go.  We got our pick of bed and breakfasts since most tourists hadn't gotten there yet, and the weather was not too cold or rainy.

For those interested in history, well it doesn't get much better than this.  It was amazing to think that some of these places have been around for thousands of years.  But what really captures you is the incredible views everywhere you go.  I couldn't stop taking photos.  Unfortunately this was early on in the history of digital cameras so I was only armed with a small point and shoot camera that was limited to 4MP.  Hmm...maybe I need to take myself back there!

Well I thought in the next few posts I would share with you this beautiful country full of history, legends, gorgeous architecture and wonderful people.  Perhaps it will cheer you up as well and open your eyes to another little piece of beauty in this world.
Our first stop, the beautiful Cliffs of Mohr with O'Brien's Tower overlooking the sea.

A little know castle, Doonagore sits right on the coast and can be seen on the way to and from the Cliffs.
Couldn't resist this little cottage.  I really want one of these!
We weren't the only ones enjoying the crashing waves on the coast as the sun set.  Talk about exhilarating!

No comments:

Post a Comment