Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Learning never ends...

Digital cameras have made photography accessible to so many people that never previously had an opportunity before.  This includes me but having such easy access doesn't necessarily make shooting good photography easier.  I have spent a lot of time online hitting every article, blog, forum, etc. to teach myself how to be a great photographer.  One of favorite ways of learning is going to seminars of those photographers that I love (and many times envy) most.

Last week I had the opportunity to attend the Power of Passion seminar taught by Sandy Puc' and Jerry Ghionis.  Most people who don't deal with portrait and wedding photography may never had heard these names before (even many of the photographers who attended had never heard these names before) but I have attended  three of Sandy's previous seminars and have followed Jerry's work obsessively since I discovered him.  I would recommend anyone who wants to see great photography to take a look at their work because these two are true masters at what they do. 

Going to seminars is one of the best ways I learn, especially when you have great teachers.  Not all speakers make great teachers but Sandy and Jerry can really open your eyes to what it takes to make a successful photography business and what makes a great photo.  If you ever have a chance to see either of these two photographers make sure you take advantage of it.  I know that for me to keep growing as a photographer and even as a person I have to keep learning and there is no better way than having a chance to talk to Sandy and Jerry.

For anyone looking to get some incredible education on portrait or wedding photography check out Sandy's educational site or Jerry's Ice Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment